When correctly designed, the ADA Ductboard™ system will allow conformance to the design requirements of AS 1170.4, NZS 4219 and other International Seismic Codes.
- Various ADA Ductboard™ fabrications and recommended suspension methods were successfully tested using AS 60068.3.3 Environmental testing: Guidance - Seismic test methods for equipment. This standard details the test method for seismically testing ductwork fabrications.
- All configurations were tested to Performance Level Ill with horizontal accelerations of 15 m/s2 to a maximum of 16Hz
- Ductboard Support Plates used in conjunction with a special MB threaded rod and CADDY® Speed Link System suspends Cushion Head Boxes for seismic applications.
CADDY SPEED LINK SYSTEM
- ADA recommends the CADDY® Speed Link System for ductwork suspension
- For seismic applications the SLK parts shown have been tested and approved
- Systems include locking device, flexible wire rope, and various specialty end fittings
- A complete range of CADDY® parts and accessories are available for other general ductwork suspension applications
Air Diffusion is at the forefront of designing innovative seismic restraint components which serve to limit the movement of equipment and to keep the equipment captive during a seismic event.
We have an extensive range of vibration control equipment including Ductboard, seismic bracing, seismic hanging and seismic anchor systems, duct suspension systems, seismic mounts and a full range of Anti-Vibration equipment. Our products address the requirement to restrain engineering services against seismic forces in accordance with Section 8 of AS 1170.4 - 2007;
For more information on the requirements of the Australian Standard view the fact sheet “Seismic Restraint of Engineering Services”